Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, August 31, 2015

Haz lo justo

My dearest family!

How are you guys doing? I am so excited about Sadie Kade.... sounds like a total cutie!  I was so excited when I logged on and read that from Aim. Pretty sweet that I was super close with my guess. When I was sitting in the cyber guessing.... I took like 5 seconds on each and made my guess. I don´t think that it has much to do with me being closer to the Spirit.... I just know my nieces and nephews (; 

This week felt a little longer but it was a good week. No we didn't find 4 new investigators again or have any crazy successes but we did have a good week of fun and maintaining!  We walked quite a bit this week.... we just didn't have too many people receive us.  We did a lot of walking for not too many charlas so we will be making some changes tomorrow in weekly planning.  If there is one thing that I have learned, it is that if something doesn't work.... you gotta change it. You can expect good results if you are doing the same thing as last week and last week didn't quite add up.  The same in life.... if we want to change things or see changes, we need to change.  We can't expect to become real disciples of Christ if we aren't making appropriate changes when they are needed. " It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." - Robert H. Goddard. Change is necessary to go and get those dreams Ü


I would like to give you a challenge this week and it comes from an anonymous source.. "Try to give ten compliments a day, to ten different people. You´ll find that your whole world changes by the accomplishment of this goal." What do you guys think?.. will you do it? I am going to give it a try.. don´t start tomorrow.. start today.. Today is the Day!

This last Monday was probably the highlight of the week. We had another charla with Ana. This time, the charla was just us with her and we taught the Book of Mormon. As the charla came to a close and she began to express her feelings, Elder Naylor jumped into the conversation to invite her to be baptized.. she said yes! As she began to talk more, I came up with the date of the 26th and she accepted. She then told us that she would do everything in her power to read, mediate and pray about The Book of Mormon. We have passed by her house but haven't had another charla yet.  She loved our CTR rings.  We just have the simple green shields that say HLJ and told us that she would like one.. not because of its worth but because of what it means.. Haz lo justo.  

As for Ken, we hadn't been able to have a charla with him but yesterday he showed up at the church and we had a wonderful family night with him, Maria Almada and Hermana Britos about prayer and testimony (Alma 4:19). Pure Testimony. We have another charla with just him tonight in the church. Ken and Ana are the big focus for now for us. Josefina doesn't want to progress right now and we have been struggling to find the others.... we will take what we got though! 

The week was super good and yesterday we had a beautiful conference in the stake center to only Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina and Chile from Elder Walter González, Elder Richard J. Maynes, Sister Niell F. Marriott, Elder Quentin L. Cook and Elder Robert D. Hales. They talked about the importance of prayer and family night and then they hammered the two topics of missionary work and the Sacrament.  It was perfect for Uruguay.

I am so grateful for the work and for my compy and all that we are doing! I am happy, healthy and we are working hard in every way. I sure love each and every one of you! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Taylor Abel 



Lunch on Saturday.. delish.. made in home! (Raviolis given to us by Maria Imelda)


No comments:

Post a Comment