Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, September 14, 2015

"Lift up thy head and rejoice..."

How are you doing? 


Things this last week went pretty well. I am super grateful for this area and for the people that are here to help us. I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord that we are able to notice in our day to day activities. I am grateful for you and for the trust you have in me, and for your help in making me the man I know I can be. I am full of gratitude this morning as I received an email from a friend on a mission who is thinking about going home. He has a lot of time in the mission and I couldn't help but think of the many blessings he has received and the many blessings that the Lord has in store for him as he continues his missionary service. I hope he continues to serve because this is such a great work. I am so grateful for my mission and for the many things that I am learning, and for the love of our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. The gospel is true and I am so grateful to share the good news with the people of Uruguay. What a blessing! 

This past week I have been having some rougher days. I have felt pretty inadequate as I try to train Elder Naylor.  I have been praying to find out what I need to do to help him become the missionary the Lord needs. As I helped my friend who is going through this hard decision of staying in his mission or ending it short, I found my answer... Alma 8:15 "Blessed art thou, (Elder Abel) (insert your name here); therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God."  I need to just lift up my head and follow the other counsel in Doctrine and Covenants 6:36, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  I need to stop doubting myself and I need not fear.. the Lord is with me. I need to put my confidence in Him because I am nothing without Him. I am so grateful for this sweet answer that I was able to find. I am grateful for the scriptures and for the answers they truly give. The Book of Mormon is true and really does help us in times of need.  How blessed we are as missionaries of the Lord God Almighty.  How blessed are all of you as members of the only true church on the face of the earth!  

This week went pretty good other than the rougher days. We had some more cool stories with Ana and I will only share one with you today because I mean, I have to have some stories that you haven't heard! Her dad recently passed away....he was pretty old and pretty sick from smoking for most of his life. They had given him like 2 to 3 months to live, but he only made it a week after that.  We we had a charla with her and just answered her questions that she had. We set up another day to go by and share The Plan of Salvation.. the last part of it where we talk about where we go after we die. The last time, we had taught the Plan of Happiness but only to the Atonement and so it was the next thing to teach anyways.. the Lord works in mysterious ways! However, after talking with her for quite some time, she began to describe this rocks that her dad loves.. you find them in Artigas and Rivera (Northern Uruguay).. they have purple diamonds. As we finished up the lesson she told us that she had something for us.. we went out into another room and she let us choose a rock from her collection so that we would always remember her.. what a sweetheart. She then told us that we have done so much for her and that we don´t even know it.. as she said that, all I could think of is how much she is doing in my life. She blesses our lives with rich experiences every time we are over there.. such a blessing for us. (Picture of us and the rocks for next week.) Ps... she went to church and loved it as well! ¡Vamos Arriba!

Well my dearest family, I hope that all is well and that you may "lift up thy head and rejoice" and remember that the Lord is always with you. Elder Naylor shared this with me and so I would like to share it with you.. 

Footprints in the sand

"One night I dreamed a dream. 
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Mary Stevenson 

I love you ♥


when bad weather comes and you can't hang clothes outside 
#wetclothesprobs



La Iglesia.. hermoso no?



Down the street from our house.. welcome to Cerro!


No comments:

Post a Comment