Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A determined Missionary

Heyyy youuuu guysss!

How are you all doing? This week went really good. The week itself didn't have too much to squawk about but Sunday made up for it. We did a lot of walking and not a whole lot of teaching but sometimes that is just how the cookie crumbles! Just gotta keep working hard no matter what happens and know that the Lord is with us. 

We have been trying to find some new people and we have talked to quite a bit, but nothing has come from it. I guess this area right now just needs to plant some seeds and hopefully some future Cerro 8 elders can reap from our work! 

If there is one thing that I have learned in my mission it is that patience is a virtue. I am not sure why my patience has been tested so much in my mission but for some reason the Lord wants me to be patient and I will do what he wants me to do. (Moses 5:6).  

Anyways.. the good stuff... the really good stuff! Sunday! We had a great turnout from our side of the area.. we had 8/8 on our progressing members and others that showed up for the first time in months. We may not have many investigators but we have been seeing the Lord's hand in the work with the less actives and the inactives. Pretty awesome!

This week we got an email from President Smith asking us to start The Book of Mormon over again and to read it by the time next conference comes around. I was thinking.. whoa.. we are going to have to read a lot to get it all done by conference and I was talking to Naylor about it and we discussed how hard it was.. and then Elder Naylor quoted 1 Nephi 3:7 in Spanish.. We can do the things that the Lord has commanded us to do because He has prepared the way. What a great example.. I am so grateful for him!

I got the package! Wahoo!! I am so grateful for the little notes that I had in there.. it is the stuff like that that I cherish. I was actually looking forward most to see who I got notes from. Cute little Kyndzi even got a note in there.. what a doll! Thank you for the things that were sent. The shoe laces were a need and I am stoked about the Utes shirt, Ties and the USB. Thank you for the goodies too.. I had completely forgotten about chocolate covered almonds.. yum! Elder Naylor also got a package.. so you could say we were two happy campers!

I am grateful for the blessings that I receive daily and the little things. May you all share the gospel with one person this week is my hope. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Taylor Abel.. a determined missionary!

Classic Package out on the roof


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Opening our packages and listening to Christmas music



The cute little notes and I.. oh yeah.. GO UTES!!

\

No comments:

Post a Comment