Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, October 5, 2015

A missionary willing to do the Lord's will!

This week went awesome! There was really nothing that important that happened but let's be honest, each week is awesome in its own way. Some weeks are a little more awesome than others but I really enjoyed this week. It could be just because of conference. What a beautiful 2 days of training. I learned so much and realized where work is definitely needed to improve. I really enjoyed listening to Elder Dale G. Renlund and was amazed at how humble he is. I loved what he said when he talked about the big calling that he just accepted this past Tuesday. It isn't about us in the callings it is about the Lord and His children. It isn't about me.. it is about the Lord and that is what I took out of this conference. It really doesn't matter about us and what we want because ultimately what is most important is what the Lord wants. I have had to check up on my life and think about the man that I want to be.. or the missionary that I want to be.. however, it is more important that I think about what the Lord wants me to be. It is like what President Smith taught us here last change.. our will has to be swallowed up by the will of the Father. It is only through that truth that we can be happy! God will make of us a masterpiece while we will only make of ourselves a smudge. Are you willing to do the will of Him who sent you? I promise you that there is love and joy waiting for you as you accept the Lord's will in your lives.

Another conference favorite for me was that of Elder Richard J Maynes. I felt like I could totally connect to this story and I am sure that many of us could.. we all know how hard it is to make pots, bowls and plates out of clay on the spinning wheel.. may we all be able to do what he counseled us and center Christ in our lives. It won´t be easy and it won´t happen immediately but as you strive to put Christ closer and closer to the middle of your lives then you will feel that things will be easier.. you will be able to make those hard pots, bowls and plates with ease!

As Elder Durrant counseled us.. we need to ponderize! May you all ponderize in your own way to make the Book of Mormon delicious.

I know that all the talks were inspired and all the people who addressed us are called of God to help us as we try to reach our goal of exaltation. How blessed are we to have this opportunity twice a year. What talk touched your heart?

Ana was able to make it to the conference as well and she seemed to really enjoy it. We didn't watch it with her due to the English room that we had but she told us as she was walking out that she is going to take much of what she learned with her. What an example of letting your light so shine! She shines as she learns more daily. I am so grateful for her and for her desires to be better!

What happened as you watched conference? What did you feel? How are you going to strive to be better?

I just want to end with my testimony that I know that the Lord's will is easier in the end... it may be so hard to accept the His will at times but we should decide today to find the way to find His will and allow it to swallow ours. I know that Elder Rasband, Elder Stevenson and Elder Renlund are called of God and that they will never lead us astray. I know that God lives and that He loves each and every single one of us! I know that if we study conference and the talks that we have heard that the Lord will bless us with the answers and things that we need! May we remember the things that we felt as conference!
 I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Taylor Abel..... A missionary willing to do the Lord's will.


English room with my boy Naylor. We were blessed to watch all 10 hours in the language we all love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment