Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, November 30, 2015

Haircuts and such.....

Family!   How on earth are you? We are just winding down the days to the big 25th. Can you believe it? Can wait to see you all but first let's take a look at this week!

Last Monday we had a meeting with Obispo Conti and went over some of the Area Book and he picked some people that he would like us to visit. We also have been visiting all the elders that are inactive.. there are solo many! Only 10% of all of Uruguay is active. 100,000 members and only 10;00 are active. YIKES!  I guess you could say we have been pretty busy with charlas. We moved Matias´ fecha a week back because we still hadn`t taught him everything and we are going to make sure that he understands it all with the age that he has so he is a convert that stays. We kind of loss contact with Julio, he is working a lot and travels for work. Every time we want to have a charla with him he leaves town. We have been able to find more people though which has been key to the success that we are having.. plus we can´t forget that Dios nos da el crecimiento. (1 Corinthians 3:6) God is great! 

This Thursday we had our meeting with President Tate and it went really well. We talked about everything that has been going on in the zone and the things that we think could help us as a zone and as a stake. We talked about the list de 24 messes (all of the converts in the last 24 months) and about the sumo consejo. We are going to work with the high councilmen of our wards so that we have that little extra help to the elders quorum. Also, President Tate sent out a text to all the bishops asking them to give us as missionaries 10 minutes in the next consejo de barrio to talk about Mi Camino (a pamphlet that helps people progress to the Temple) and how it all works so that they can help us with it as well.. more than anything, so we are all on the same page! We shall see how it goes. That was a little about the week.. this week should be great, I mean with the temple how could it be anything different?

We have seen some big changes in Salto this past week. We had 33 more people taking the sacrament this past week in all of the zone and a better percentage of miembros progresando (Members with Mi Camino and are progressing) Things are really looking up here in Salto. Keep the Sunny Sunday´s coming! We are so blessed!
Today we have had a pretty chill Pday. It started out with a hair cut... let´s just say that I should have cut it by myself. Wow. Picture to show the wonderful masterpiece that Elder Correa did. Great guy. Lucky I was able to fix it. I just took the 1 and went over it so it didn´t look so bad. Good thing we are going to see President tomorrow or this would be embarrassing.. oh wait (; Can't beat experiences like this on the mission. I hope it looks good on the neck line.. I don't even want to look. Recently we just had a yummy lunch at a little restaurant. Pictures to come as well! Now we are in the cyber and the song "Tonight" by Chris Brown (I think it is him) is playing. I may want to get up and dance.. super tempting! Someone better be taking notes on the songs that I am missing (; 
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I can´t believe that I am turning 20 years old. I am getting old. It honestly doesn't feel like December yet.. oh yeah cause we are still in November (; pero.. seriously it doesn't feel like my birthday week. Time is cruising by. In other news, I came to the sick conclusion that I am a chubster. It is a good thing that 6 months to sexy starts on Wednesday.. gotta quit all the sweets.. plus it doesn't really help that I have a cavity and I broke a tooth this week. Will I go to a Uruguay dentist? No. I actually talked to President about going to the dentist and he told me that he broke a tooth in the beginning of his time as mission president and he is just holding out on it because he trusts his dentist more and then recommended that I do the same. The things missionaries do.. if only you knew the half of it (;
Well fam, I sure do love you soo much! I hope that you all have a wonderful week! Keep smiling and know that I am always here for ya! God loves you more than you know!
Elder Taylor Abel.. a tempted to dance to too many songs missionary (; 

Theeee haircut. Looks better I promise! Try to ignore my chubbiness too (;




Lunch for 6? Elder Correa and his huge lunch.




My lunch.. man was it yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment