Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, January 18, 2016

Pushing the Limits

Family, what a wonderful day it is! How are you guys doing? I don't think you guys know how happy I am every pday morning because we walk across the street to the church and print out our emails and I read them before getting into my study. I always look forward to it.. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve every Sunday night (; Emails from you guys are always the best presents.. just imagine what a letter would do for me (;
How are you guys?! 

This past week was a little better than the last. I felt that I was able to love Elder Orihuela the way that God would have me. It really is so true that "Yes" is always the answer to the question.. "Lord, is it I?" It has been a rough change but I have learned a lot from him. He is a great teacher .. sometimes he just wants to do it all by himself and that is where we don't get along. I am hoping we can finish this change out strong and that whatever the Lord has in store I can do with a smile in my face.  Pray for good changes.. I started a long time ago. I ask however that you don't ask for me to leave or that I have a new companion.. ask so that I have the strength to do what the Lord would have me do in this time in my mission.

I have been thinking this past week and it was when we were with Elder Huamali and Elder Frame that this whole thought train came. I love to run as you all know  (ps.. I wrote Coaches Decker last week) and there is a story that has always blown my mind. First off I want you to think in a struggle or a dream that you have always had, something difficult. Now.. Back in the days the world thought that it was impossible to break the 4 minute mile. They honestly thought that the human body could not run that fast and if they did they were going to die on the track. In the 1950s there were 3 men in different parts of the world racing to get a sub 4 minute mile. One of them was named Roger Banister and he was able to do it.. he ran a 3:59 or 3:58.. I can´t remember, but he did it! Now we look at the world and see just how many people  have done it.. Hundreds. All it took was one man to show the world that it was possible. Now the world record is around 3:50ish. I know that us as members of the church and as the Abel family we have the opportunity to be the Roger Banisters and push the limits to show the rest of the world that it is possible. I know if we do it that the people who look up to us will be able to as well. I know that God is there to help us and that we just have to do our best and have faith that He is there and that él nos da el crecimiento. We got this with the Lord´s help. I shared that story.. with some variation to the District Leaders and with the Bishop.. but it works for just about anything. Be the Roger Banister. (The same happened with Chris Solinksy and the sub 27 minute 10K for Americans.. thought that it was impossible for an American to do it and he did it and many more have done it too. There is a video of this one.. ask Sky to see it.)  
The bishop here is sure excited with the plan that the area has put out.. we dove into this weekend. It started with ward council and then on Sunday he made things very clear that this is the plan we are doing this year. He also said something that I loved.. He said that if we say we don´t need to change we are wrong, we can always change and we need to. Great guy with a lot of energy to do good!

This past week we weren't able to have another charlas with the youth.. they are hard to get a hold of (; I only see maybe 1 or 2 of them actually listening to us but we shall see what happens! Miguel and Antonela told us that they have lost interest in the church..which really sucks but that is what Satan does when you don't live the commandments. Matias had baptismal date for the 23rd but didn't go to church so his baptism will have to be next week. There are more people for us to find here.. we just gotta find them haha! Onward and upward from here.

I hope that all is well with you guys! I also hope that you have a wonderful week and that you can continue to smile and find joy in the crazy life we live. I love you guys so much! Until next week. ☼

Elder Taylor Bradley Abel.. an Elder ready to push the limits.

You will never guess who I ran into this week. We were walking in the street and out of nowhere comes running Emili and gives me a hug. I then walked with her to the house she was at and talked to Macarena too. Sweeties.


Divisions with Elder Jhon from Peru.
 We had the opportunity to paint the rest of his house while on divisions.. super fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment