Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, February 15, 2016

A JOYFUL Missionary!

How are you? This past week was pretty awesome, it included divisions with Elder Huamali and a beautiful Sunday of great things. 

We shall start with the divisions with Elder Huamali. Great divisions, Elder Huamali is a great guy and has a good heart. We taught really well together and brought back good times when we were together in Obelisco. It was a good experience to be with him again. He always says to me.. "Abel, I was your favorite Peruvian right?!" It doesn’t take too long to think about that and I always reassure him that he was.. haha, he is a funny kid!
This Sunday.. what a great day! The weather was cloudy and it felt wonderful. We went over to pick up Lauro and we honestly weren’t sure if he was going to be ready. We were thinking that he was going to be asleep and that we were going to be the alarm clock outside the house clapping. We showed up and some of his kids were outside and they told us that he was coming. As I continued to look at the kids I realized that they were dressed the best that they had and that they were ready to go to church. Moments later Lauro came to the door and was just about ready too, he was just shirtless.. we gave him the shirt and the tie that he wanted and he went to get fully ready. I wish I had my camera because it was so cute to see all the kids ready and excited to go to church. We left the house and began the short walk to church. It was awesome to walk with them and take up the whole street.. us two, Lauro and Natalia.. and 6 of their 7 kids. Juan (11), Mikaela (9) Juliana (8), Diana (6), Sofia (5), and Kevin (4). They look to us like superheroes.. and every time they look at me I just can’t help but smile. We got to church and it only got better from there. My joy was full when I saw all the kids come out of Primary with their pictures of Christ and their drawings. Lauro seemed to really enjoy too, I think we could have just started something that has the potential to become a habit. We are definitely all smiles here. We did a lot of hard work on Sunday to make sure people got there.. we made it to 90 people in church again.. with 4 investigators there! Lauro, Juan, Mikaela and Mikel. Mikel is a 13 year old that is a stud and he is progressing really well.. he will be baptized on the 27th Ü


This week we have interviews with President Smith and we will have the baptismal interview for Mikel. Then next week we are with Elder Bednar on the 26th.. should be a great week! Whenever we have a lot of things going on the time always goes by so much faster.. like we are already half way through this change. I don’t know if that is good or bad (; We will call it bittersweet. Lots of good things to come though.. we are excited! 

I will definitely be keeping that cute grammy Abel in my prayers. She is such a strong women I know that she is a fighter and she will be on my mind and in my heart. I sure do love her and I love all of you. I hope that you have a great week! Until we write again next week.. lots of love coming from Uruguay Keep safe and remember that God is there for us.  

Love,  Elder Taylor Abel...a JOYFUL missionary 



Elder Huamali.....Elder Abel's favorite Peruvian Comp


Jumping for JOY in the rain!


Beautiful Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment