Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, February 1, 2016

A VERY Happy Elder! ♥

Oh my wonderful family, what a blessing it is to have such great technology that links us together!

The past week has been awesome. I have really enjoyed my time with Elder Emrich, it has been really great to talk to him and see how his mission has been and the things that he has learned since we were last in the same zone. He was actually in my district for a change in Cerro. He is a great guy and we worked hard the few days we had this past week. We have had some great experiences already and I know that there are many more to come. We saw the fruits of our work as well with having 18 more people in the church this past week, things here in Ceibal are moving in the right direction and I am glad that I am here to see it.

I have been thinking lately and as I was writing to Pres, I felt like I should share something with you guys. A little less than 2 weeks ago we had a Worldwide Missionary Conference where they talked about teaching repentance and baptizing converts.. in fact, that is was the conference was called.. "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts" and we were assigned from Pres to ask 3 questions after enjoying the conference.."What did you learn from the leaders?" "What did you learn that wasn`t said?" and "What are you going to do to apply it?" I thought that it would be good to share that with you guys so that you can think in those 3 questions as you are in your meetings.. I know that if we think in these 3 questions that we will truly leave edified and ready to do more and talk less. I have seen it happen here.. there was such a strong spirit as we talked about things that were not said.. Each shared their spiritual impressions and like it says in D&C 50:22.. "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together." I invite you all to think about that in church this next week when we listen to the sweet testimonies that will be shared.. you will find the meeting means more I promise.

This last week I was able to feel the Spirit more abundantly in my life.. It was the day of changes I was in another house with 3 other missionaries and we had our personal study. As I wasn`t in the comfort of my own house.. I had planned to read a conference talk. I was planning on reading one that I had loved from conference.. one that touched my heart but as I began my study I felt that I should study one from the women’s session. I began to look through the talks and one called my attention. "A Summer with Great Aunt Rose" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As I read I was touched by the story that he shares.. his whole talk is a story about a little Eva and a great-aunt Rose. As I continued to follow along in the story my eyes began to water.. the Spirit overwhelmed me and I could no longer read. I just sat there feeling this remarkable feeling of God`s love. When I was able to continue I did and yet the same thing happened.. I finished the talk and It was exactly what I needed to learn. I won`t say more.. I will leave it up to you to read.  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/a-summer-with-great-aunt-rose?lang=eng

What a wonderful week it has been and it brings me such joy to see that all is well with you! I hope that you all have an amazing week and can smile lots! Think of me tomorrow (; #4months #imnottrunky Until next week Ü I LOVE YOU!

Elder Taylor Bradley Abel.. A very happy Elder!

T
Throwback to the graffiti of Cerro 8. All we need is love ♥




Last picture with Elder Orihuela before he boarded his bus
#greatestsmileaward

No comments:

Post a Comment