Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

We are never alone

I will share a little experience from last night to start... this really helped my testimony that the Lord really is there for us.  We are never alone.  We were having dinner with the Shepley Family. The dad is american the mom is Uruguayan and so the dad speaks hardly any Spanish (the mom speaks both along with the kids) So last night was full of English!   We had this delicious pork and rice and this dulce de leche cake.  I was basically on cloud 9 as you can imagine. The storm was raging throughout the whole dinner.  We could hear the wind and the rain. It honestly looked like we were about to get hit by a flippin' hurricane. It was scary just looking outside.  We were just about to leave when Hermana Shepley mentioned that she wanted to say a pray first.  She simply addressed our Heavenly Father, asked for our safety and closed in the name of Christ.  It was a very simple and brief prayer.  As we walked the Hermanas (Sister Missionaries) to the bus stop the storm was crazier than ever.  Sparks were flying from the wires above, and the wind was raging. However, as we continued on our path to our house, Elder Devashrayee and I stated how we felt like we were in a bubble. It was like the storm was everywhere else but on us.  The Lord was watching after us....even after such a simple prayer.  Prayer is powerful!  P.S. Don't forget about morning prayer.  I know I did when I was home but really there is no better way to start the day than communicating with Our Heavenly Father.  He knows our needs before we ask.  We just need to do our part and ask.  (: 


Can I just tell you how much I love this work!  It is so awesome.  I am learning so much.... not just the language but how to be a good missionary.  I honestly love every minute.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God.  There is no way he could have done it the way he did without help.  I know that we are never alone and that the Lord has a plan for each and everyone of us.  His plan is perfect.  I know that Christ lives and loves us so much.  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church, that it was restored in its proper time.

I love you all so much and and miss you tons too. I hope that all is well with each and every single one of you!  I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love you!!!  Keep smiling and being the great people you are!

With love,

Elder Taylor Bradley Abel.... Your smiling missionary


No comments:

Post a Comment