Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Can I get a YAHOO!!!

Les Amos!!!  This past week we had some good lessons and were able to find some new investigators. Two of them will probably end up getting baptized. However, those two don't live in our area. They are friends of Gladys and Martin.  Gladys is quite the missionary already.  She wants to go on visits with us, and she has friends that she wants us to teach.  She is so eager to share the gospel because of how much it has affected her own life.  She will be a great leader here in Delta.

This week at church, we had 46 in attendance... and that was with only one stake member!  Can I get a YAHOO?! (:  I had the opportunity to say the opening prayer and my comp and the Hermanas spoke.  Elder Devashrayee gave an awesome talk.  With the attendance though....whatever we are doing, it is working!  We are going to continue to push with the less active and continue activating, as well as teaching the investigators.  We have been pretty good with balancing both.  

My Spanish is coming along.  I am feeling more and more confident with it which has been good (: Today we played soccer and ultimate at a soccer field in Playa Pascual with the zone.  It was really fun.  However, I need to pull out the sunscreen.... it is hot!  I got a little red today.  I hope you all are just enjoying your sweet Fall weather. I won't have Fall for like a whole year...not until April-ish. Instead I get weather that feels like 130 with the humidity.  You are all jealous I know! 

Okay.. I keep forgetting to tell you.  Elder D-ray and I have a goal of running a 5K in under 18:00 at the end of the change.  It was 19:00 and D-ray wanted to lower it so I went with it.  We are going to start running everyday, and we are going to only speak Spanish starting tomorrow.  Wish me luck!  For next week, I have divisions with my District Leader to look forward to, and the other with one of the AP's. They both will be a good experience. I am excited but yet nervous for both. They are coming to Delta to do work here.  Hopefully I can show them around and speak enough Spanish to get things going in the lessons.  It will be a testimony builder for sure! 

I hope that all is good with you guys!  Keep being those amazing people that I know you are!  I love you and miss you tons!  Smile big, and how about you guys listen to some JT for me this week.... don't forget to take a moment and dance too!  I love you!!

Love, Your Happy Elder!

Elder Abel and Fillmore enjoying a little afternoon rest

No comments:

Post a Comment