Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, March 23, 2015

Irene's Baptism



What a wonderful week. 

Despite the many difficulties in the week.. it ended up being a great week.  I am always going to learn from my comps no matter what and what I have learned and realized is that prayer is very important. You can really start to fall off the track if you distance yourself from the basic things that we do everyday as disciples of Christ. Even if we are called as missionaries of the Highest God we can distance ourselves from the very basics such as prayer and scripture study.  I now know that I will never put this gap between the basics because I see what it does.  It is just the little things that cause problems.  Lucifer is hastening his work too. If there is a gap with you and these very things.... close the gap!  You will find more happiness and love!  I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Onto the fun stuff!  We had an activity on Friday. It went really well even though we didn't have the kind of attendance that we wanted.  As you can see in my first picture, the activity started at 7:30 and it was 7:37 and no one had showed up.... gotta love Mormon Standard Time.  Once we finally did start the activity around 8:05, we played Jeopardy.  It was super fun.  We had 2 teams and we had made a powerpoint with 5 different categories.... Uruguay, International, The Missionaries (US), The Gospel of Jesus Christ and 1 Minute to Win it. The activity was the best one that I have had in my mission.  We had lots of fun and had some pretty sweet music in the background playing thanks to the Godoy family and their computer.  We really hope that everyone had a wonderful time because we sure did as Missionaries.  This was our activity.... and for some reason when the members hear that there is a missionary activity, no one comes.  Kind of frustrating but they missed out!

Irene's baptism!  I woke up and I went out for my run to start the day and I was a little worried, the sky was dark and looked like it was going to rain.  I knew that if we had rain, the attendance at the baptism would be low.  Rain is the kryptonite of Uruguay.  However, God is great and we had a very beautiful day.... and it wasn't as hot!  It was amazing.  The baptism itself was such a blessing.  I had the opportunity to perform the ordinance. It was different than my other baptism though, she didn't want to go down haha. However, when she came up.... my heart was full.  It was so neat to have her finally be baptized after waiting 8 months.  She then gave her testimony to close up the meeting.  I then knew that she realizes that baptism is only the door and that there is much more.  She has some real desires to keep progressing and she has many talents that this ward needs.  Such a blessing!  On Sunday, Elder Vargas confirmed her as a member and she received the Holy Ghost.  What an amazing weekend it was.  Not too mention our attendance of 110 at church!  Two weeks in a row with 110 or more!  The Lord truly does bless us even when we do come short.  I am so grateful for the blessings of life. 

I am so grateful for all of you and for the blessing of the knowledge that I have that Heavenly Father listens to his kids and that he loves us!  I sure love you all with all my heart! Have a wonderful week!  Until next week.

Love, A very blessed Elder Taylor Abel



The Mormon Standard Time pic.. classic right?



The whole fam damily Ü



The Crew of the night.. such a great day!

I ♥ U!

No comments:

Post a Comment