Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, March 16, 2015

Life In Obelisco



Here I am in Uruguay trying to think of a clever hook again.. and I've got nothing.  Just give yourself a little chuckle and continue reading.  Ü How are you guys?!  From reading all of your emails, it seems like you all are doing really good!  I am always sooooo grateful for your emails.  You truly don't know how much joy it brings me.. like LOTS!.. and LOTS!!  What is new with all of you? 

This past week we had a really good week.  Irene's wedding was truly such a blessing.  They do stuff way different here. Actually.. I am not 100% sure because I have never been to a civil wedding before, but it was weird for me.  However, it has been 8 months in the making.  She told her fiance' that she wanted to be baptized so we either get married or we separate.,,. you pick. How would you like that ultimatum?  They are the newest couple here in Obelisco and we are so excited for this Saturday to have Irene enter the waters of baptism and for Sunday to be confirmed as a member of the church.... the only true church over the face of the earth!  She would be a great primary leader because she loves kids and has some patience.... if only I had her patience. Ü  Oh yeah.. went to my first party with alcohol.... pretty weird that my first party with alcohol was on my mission. However, I will count that as one of my blessings!  Gotta love wedding receptions Ü

Things this week with Elder Vargas went good!  We reached two of our goals. We were able to find 4 new investigators with members this past week and we had 113 people in the church yesterday. We have truly been so blessed with less actives reactivating.  Remember the story about the Familia Araujo?  They are all going to seminary. The 3 of them.... to help their son Dan realize the importance. They are awesome people and they are loving it.  The hermano wore a white shirt yesterday....so it is only up from here!  Love seeing people change, it is so cool!  It really strengthens my testimony that the gospel changes lives.  I know that it does with all of my heart.  I have seen it way too much in my mission to deny it.

I am so grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful to be apart of it.... it is such a blessing to my life. I am so grateful for my mission, it blesses my life in so many different ways.  I also am grateful for all of you and for your love and for your support through my difficult times.  You guys are the best I could ever ask for.  I love you all soooooo much!  I hope that you have a wonderful week and always look on the bright side of things!

Elder Taylor Abel.. your grateful missionary!



Sunset.. across the river is Argentina! So pretty




If the start of my email didn´t make you chuckle.. giggle at my awesome sun burn lines from Volleyball last week!  Ouchie!



#selfie.... just because I can ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment