Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, June 1, 2015

Blessings from Uruguay

What a wonderful day is has been! Today we went to the wonderful Montevideo sign, old Montevideo (MTVD for short Montevideo so I don't have to type so much. Ü )  Now I get to sit down and read all your amazing emails and see what is new in the lives of the people I love. I am so grateful for your emails, they make my heart happy every single week and I sure do get a big smile ear to ear each week! You guys rock my socks.

Yesterday, in our combined lesson, us as missionaries found out about the gentle giant L. Tom Perry. We were talking about the temple and got to the topic of the spirit world and then he mentioned how Elder Perry had passed over to spirit world. Us 4 missionaries looked at each other surprised.  Isn't that crazy that we are so apart from the world that we don't even know if one of our sweet Apostles has passed away. He will be missed. I absolutely loved when he raised his voice.... he spoke with such power! 

This week we found a 9 year old girl named Josefina. She is adorable. She reminds me of Macarena and Emili. She is very intelligent and it has been fun to teach her. We were able to find her through an old reference from the assistants (we are in the assistant's old area). Her parents are members and have been inactive for a long time so we are going to start working with them all so we can reactivate the parents and baptize Josefina. We are super excited for this family and for the desires that Josefina has. One thing that she said after we shared about the restoration.. was that it made her sad to hear that Christ suffered for all of us. She is darling.

The work here is going really well. We share the ward with Elder Degn and Elder Gonzalez who are the Zone Leaders. Elder Degn is from South Jordan and went to Bingham. Elder Gonzalez is from Chile and is always joking around.. we honestly don't know whether we should believe him or not. Now I know how you feel mom! #sorrynotsorry (; I would say sorry but it will probably happen again Ü  Gotta love a good ole jokester! The work is still really fun although Elder Huntsman last night was a little sick.... he seems to be doing better now which is a blessing because I hate silence in the street! It is still crazy to think that we are comps. Tomorrow is my 2nd District Meeting.. pretty nervous still but I have a better plan so vamos arriba! 

I better get going, but I am so lucky to have you! You guys are the best and I am grateful for each and every one of you! Have a wonderful week and remember to smile and.. smile big! I LOVE YOU!


Best companionship Ü #butreallytho 
Beach Pocitos background


Elder Degn, Elder Gonzalez, Elder Huntsman and I 
Pretty classic


Outside the front door of our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment