Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, July 20, 2015

What a great example!

How are you all doing? It was soo good to hear from you all, your emails were all especially good today! I loved each and every word that you guys had to say.. you guys rock my world!

This past week went by lots better.  It was a long week but a good week for sure.  I found that I was able to really enjoy myself and the work more with finding the love in my companion. Thank you for your help in the process. As crazy as my comp is, I have been able to find a love for the guy. In our Step 13 of our weekly planning, I took a few minutes to apologize. He said that he hadn't even noticed that I was being closed or that I wasn't completely happy. However, I knew I was wrong and it felt so good to apologize to him. He was confused at the beginning but we were able to have a real heart to heart chat and he even mentioned that in the beginning he didn't want to be my comp. He said that he didn't want to come to Cerro to be my junior comp., but he then said that he was grateful for the change. I too am grateful for the change and for the things that I have learned. I have found that each week this change, we have hit one of our goals. I love it!

This last week in the church we were able to get back above 100! President Smith was among the 104 however, Josefina and Sebastian weren't. With Josefina, we had it all planned out to go and pick her up and bring her to church but we received a text from her mom notifying that she wouldn't be able to go... bummer! With Sebastian... well, we thought that his girlfriend would help him get to church but we need to help him more so he can make it to church! As for the family of 5 - we thought we would be seeing them but they didn't show up. We taught the Book of Mormon this past week and it went really good. They are both feeling better after the accident they were in so we are hoping that after a charla this week we can see them in the church.

Church has been really good lately though. I have been able to really feel the Spirit. It is hard with the way people teach here in Uruguay but the ward here seems to know what they are doing! Hermana Maria Almada taught of the Bible and said something really cool..... that we wouldn't have our church if it weren't for the Bible and the studies of Joseph Smith in the Bible.  It made me really think when she said that. Then, Hermano Diaz said something that I loved. ¨The way isn't easy but it is the only true way.¨ So true.

Well, in closing.. I would just like to thank you for all that you do. I can´t believe that yesterday I hit 13 months.. I am living life in the fast lane.. time is flying. You guys are my best friends and I am grateful for each of you. I love you soo much! Have a wonderful week.. do me a favor and SMILE!

Love, Elder Taylor Abel


Elder Figallo and I in the cyber 

No comments:

Post a Comment