Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas is Coming!

Family, how are we?!.. we are down to T-minus 4 days. Who is ready? Christmas and Skype ready or not here we come! How are we doing? Keep checking the mailbox.. the letters are bound to get there within the next 2 to 3 days! I have faith! I am also looking forward to receiving the packages from you guys tomorrow and if I do I would like to do the same as I did last year. You guys all save one present and we will open them up together. If I don't receive them I will open up my stocking from President and Hermana Smith.. deal? I am so stoked to see you guys. I will be calling from the church again and like I said last week around 3 or 4ish your time and 7 or 8ish my time! Ü

Life with the new comp is interesting.. the beginning of the change is always interesting because you got to work out the little tweaks in the companionship to be able to work better together but I am hoping and praying that I can have a better attitude this change. I will be honest I am not sure how this change is going to go but I have made a promise that I will not complain and that I will be as positive as I can. I obviously have something to learn from my companions last change and this change and I am going to try to find out what it is. Wish me luck! He is from Lima, Peru and comes from a family of 8 all together. He likes to play video games and has no problem with talking all the time. He is a good guy.. one of the grrreatest (;

The highlight this last week comes from a charla with Miguel and Antonela. They are a young couple, (not sure if they are married but we are thinking that they aren`t) Miguel is 19 and Antonela is 17 and they have a 1 year old baby girl. We were teaching them on Thursday and we decided to teach them the Doctrine of Christ. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End through the Sacrament. We taught it very simple and we used a lot of scriptures so it was even more clear. They understood it so well and it was almost like they had a change of heart right there in the charla as their eyes were opened to a new life by living the doctrine of Christ. The charla was incredible. They both accepted the 16th of January to be baptized, we will see if they are married or not and go from there. Just when I didn`t think it could get better.. right when we were about to end it, Antonela's sister and her boyfriend showed up (Cristina and Matias..We think that they are in the early 20`s) and E. Orihuela shared with them the Restoration in less than 5 minutes and it was a powerful declaration, by the end Cristina was teary eyed and we were able to set up a charla with them and Miguel and Antonela this Tuesday. I know that the Restoration in less than 5 minutes gets to the heart of the person if we declare it, there is no doubt in my mind that God prepares His children for us.. He is constantly blessing His children. He blesses us with new investigators and new experiences with them and He blesses them with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God is great! 

How to share the Gospel in less than 5 minutes.. 
God loves us.
He has given us prophets
Christ came to the earth and established the church
The Great Apostasy
The Restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith (first vision)

Well my wonderful family! I must say that I am absolutely excited to see you guys.. only 4 days! That is less than our fingers on one hand! It is right around the corner! We will see you soon! I love you and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Adam and Christmas Eve (: 

Love, a very excited Elder Taylor Abel  

Little visit to Irene and family on the change day while we had some extra time!
Love them, Irene was so happy!



Elder Orihuela and I




Elder Correa and I right before he got on his bus. 
He was a good comp, learned a lot from him

No comments:

Post a Comment