Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, December 28, 2015

A Smiling Elder in Uruguay

Family! It seems like just a few days ago we were chatting.. oh wait?

How are you?! I must say that I am pretty darn happy with the Skype call and all. It was so good to see you all and to be able to hear how things are going. I am so glad that you received my letters, I hope that it really did help make your Christmas special! Singing with you made my Christmas one of a kind and being able to share my testimony with you guys as well.. even though I couldn´t even express myself like I wanted to.. #tearsgotintheway #babyprobs (; How goes the Reading? Have you guys restarted The Book of Mormon to finish it before I get home? I hope so (: I will keep reminding you so no worries!

Can you believe that we are heading into 2016? It is honestly kind of blowing my mind. I can´t believe that it is already here. I remember thinking back when I first got to the mission taht 2016 was seriously centuries away and here we are 4 days away. What a very special year it will be.. you will be able to welcome me home but then we have to say "see you later" to Sky Sky. So much good to come though! I am absolutely stoked for what lies ahead for us! You guys ready for 2016? Ready or not here we come!

Things with the flooding have been good. The water has stayed where it was and it isn´t supposed to rise however, we have Heard that it is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow so we shall see.. we hope for the best! Bishop Conti announced our number in Sacrament Meeting yesterday.. we are now the guys that people call to go and help but we also have the responsibility to call the other leaders and tell them what is going on and inform them so that they can help too. Kind of crazy but I honestly wouldn´t have had this Christmas week any other way.. It was awesome to serve the people here.. whether they were members or not. Made me really think about Christmas and the importance of service.. loved it! Even with the flooding yesterday we still had a good attendance at church.. 83. Better than last week (:

Well family, I would just like to thank you once again for the wonderful call and the packages that I received. You guys really made my Christmas special and I am so grateful for each one of you! I hope that you were able to enjoy Christmas and that you have a very happy new year! Someone Kiss somebody for me at midnight (; I love love love you! Have an absolutley great week! Until next week .. until 2016! ♥

Elder Taylor Abel.. A smiling Elder in the heat of Uruguay!




1. Papa Noel vino!
2. Stocking from Pres and Sis Smith!
3. You guys are the best.. I loved it! Thank thank thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment