Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, May 2, 2016

One by One

Family, How I love and miss you.

This week was really awesome, it was full of great experiences!
I will be honest, I have had a lot on my mind this last little bit with the mission finishing up and with all the things that I have to prepare for following the mission. I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and really didn't have desires to talk to anyone about it. I am to the point where I can't wait to be with you all again but leaving Uruguay just breaks my heart, completely bittersweet. I decided to take it to the Lord in prayer. I prayed and prayed that I would be able to focus for the last month of my mission and I can truly say that I have felt God´s help as we have started a new week. I also think that the new key indicators (received in the leadership meeting) have really helped me stay focused as we set some more specific goals to hit all of our weekly goals. Like I said, I didn't really want to talk about it with anyone and just the other day Elder Aliaga asked if we could have a comp inventory and I was able to tell him how I was feeling and ask him for help. I am very grateful for him and for the support that he is, truly a great guy and I am grateful for this time that I have with him. He is definitely helping me be the best I can be. I know that my companions are inspired. Just gotta keep working hard so that this change can be one of the best!

This past week we were going to have the stake council and we even went to the church at 7:30 for it. We were the first ones there and I was thinking "This is a stake meeting.. there is no way they all are late!" We waited around for a little bit and youth started coming to the church.. there was seminary. As we waited, Elder Aliaga wanted to enter in the seminary class and I was a little against it. I was thinking that there were plenty of other things that we could be doing instead of sitting in seminary. We decided to enter after Elder Aliaga told me he had never been to seminary. As we sat and learned about patriarchal blessings there was a new youth there.. a friend of an 17 year old. This young man’s name is Alejandro and he had such inspired questions as he took in a whole lot of information. He said that he had been looking for the truth for 7 years. We took the time to explain to him our message and why we are here. It was a very spiritual experience for me. It was exactly what Elder Bednar said on the way that we work.. One by One. We would have never been in the church if it hadn't been for the canceled stake council and that was only Alejandro´s 3rd time in the church. What a miracle that we were able to find each other in that seminary class to help him to the truth. God truly is a God of miracles, I know it without a doubt.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I sure do love you guys! Keep smiling and keep living the gospel (:

Love, Elder Taylor Abel.. a re-focused missionary!



All of my comps that attended the leadership meeting (: (except Elder Saldivar)




Elder Saldivar and Elder Emrich at the leadership meeting.. rocking the new suit!




The crew having a blast bowling...Elder Cline, Elder Correa, Elder Huamali, Elder Bogarin and Elder Vasquez.  


No comments:

Post a Comment