Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Enduring his new HOT area....Salto!

Family!!


How are you all doing?  Thank you for your letters every week.  

Traveling to my new area in Salto was a long 6 hour drive in a HOT bus.  It was a nice bus, but I was sweating.  I just can't escape the heat now.  It is so hot here...today especially!  Today is like muggy/humid/hot!  I was sweating just about 10 minutes ago but then the guy who owns the cyber that I am in decided to use his brain today and turn on the air conditioning. (;



My new companion, Elder Studebaker, likes to run and we have already gone running twice!  The area is awesome and the ward is even better. It is actually like a functioning ward and I love it.  It almost feels like we are in the states in church until everyone around me doesn't speak English.... haha!  However, we had 92 people at church, even with elections on Sunday (p.s. elections here are obligatory. You HAVE to vote here.... crazy huh?) and so that was awesome.  We have so many people that want to go out with us on visits.  Lots of hours with members coming.... I can feel it.  The dynamics of missionary work are just going to be very different here.  I like it though!  The ward/area is called Obelisco.  We are only about 5 miles away from a bridge that goes over to Argentina so that is pretty sweet.  We have a new house and I had the opportunity to move the second day I was here....fun right?  We live with 2 other elders.  Elder Woodcock from Arkansas and Elder Nelson from Utah... Box Elder High.  He is only 6 weeks older than me in the mission.  It is nice to live with other elders.  It has been fun. I just miss my boy D-ray (Elder Devashrayee).

It is going to be a long change probably, but I am adapting well.  Just got to speak up more in the charlas (discussions) and all will be well.  I hope all is well with you guys.  I sure miss you.  I have been thinking about you guys a lot lately.... I love you all sooo much!  I hope you all know that.  I pray for you lots and pray that you can feel my love.... can you?  I hope so!  Keep being amazing like you all are.  I love you!  Stay safe and keep smiling lots.  Don't forget that it is okay to send pictures too (;  Have a good week!

Love, 

Your hot Elder (haha!)

xoxoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment