Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Happy Elder from Uruguay!

Yo.. This is a story all about how my life got flipped turn upside down and I would like to take a minute.. just sit right there and I´ll tell you how I become the prince of Obelisco Ü (in the tune of Fresh Prince) haha! 

How is everything with you guys?  Things have been a little better here in Salto. We finally escaped the heat so that has been good. We have been having some rain and some clouds which has cooled it down a lot actually. The members tell us we will have storms until Tuesday so that will be good. Not too excited for the heat again and definitely not excited for December and January because it only gets hotter from here... fun right? Things have been a lot better in the house with the four of us this past week, and we have began to work together. The thing that is really good about Obelisco is that we don't share the ward with Hermanas. It is just us four Elders.

We've had a really tough week here in Salto.  We walked a ton but I am fine because it means I can have more sweets.... especially because I received my package finally!  It was super hot at the beginning of the week and it wore on us as it was the first hot week that we have had. However, the rain came.  The weather is basically super bi-polar here. The heat is just like in STG but with humidity, and when it rains.... it rains! One more bad thing this week and then Vamos Arriba for the rest of the letter. We had an investigator pass away from cancer on Thursday.  It was pretty sad.
 
Alright.. Esta listo? (Are you ready?) Positive from here on out!  I have a positive thing for each negative thing that I just shared.

For the heat.... I sweat like a mad man... I am losing the fat in my face that I have put on since being here!  

For the rain.... I get to style my hair differently every few minutes! 

For the weather being bi-polar.... it brings variety and things never get old here, always something new! 

For the investigator that passed away.... we went to the hospital when we heard that she only had a few hours to live and we greeted all the family there.  Elder Studebaker and I gave her a blessing.  It was a very humble blessing from Stude (Stew-D).  We left and within about 10 minutes after we left, she passed away.  Stude was confused.  He didn't feel like she was going to pass away.  He thought that all was going to be well, and even in the blessing he said that all will be well and that she will be a mother again.  As he doubted his thoughts, I told him, "Elder, all is well with her now.  Her body is out of pain and she is a mother again. She can watch over her kids now." (Before she couldn't because she was really sick).  The missionaries first started teaching her and her daughter before she got sick.  It was a really good experience to be part of the blessing and calm the thoughts of Studebaker.  The next day we had the chance to go to the funeral, but we missed it because the bus system here needs help.  However, I saw my first cemetery here in Uruguay and they are crazy!  Really old and sketchy. They aren't like the normal cemeteries we have in the states. They are like buildings. It was the perfect funeral day though...Halloween, rainy and creepy cemetery.  Other than the weather and the funeral though... we actually had some success this week!
 
We challenged all four of our investigators after their first lesson, to be baptized on November 29th.  What a blessing!!  Hopefully they all keep progressing and continue on to enter the waters of baptism! 
 
Okay.. family history!!  We have an hour every week to check out family history.  This week I struck gold on the Abel side.  I love family history!  As a mission, we are all going to take a name to the temple in December and do their temple work.  I found a name.  It is our 10th great grandpa.... James Chase.  I am so excited!  Familysearch.org...  Log in and get lost!  I love that the parents are getting into it more.  What a blessing family history is!  Search and find somebody and share a story with me? Ü
 
I love you all sooooo much! I hope that you all have an amazing week!  Keep smiling and enjoying the journey of everyday!
 
I love you all!
 
Love, 
 
Your happy Elder all the way in Uruguay!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment