Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Come What May and Love it!

My bags are not so packed.. and I am not so ready to go.  Come What May and Love It right?  I am leaving Delta El Tigre tomorrow morning....which means I am leaving Elder Devashrayee too.  Sad right?  SOOOO.... the moment you have all been waiting for....where am I going?!  President Smith gave us a call on Saturday for the news on transfers.  After he talked to D-ray for a little bit, then it was my turn.  With my heart beating fast, I took our phone and answered.."Hoy es el Dia" (that is how we say hello in the mission "Today is the day!")  President Smith then asked me if I was ready for my first change. I am headed to Salto and my new companion is Elder Studebaker.  He said that Studebaker is the most genuine and earnest guy.  He is from the south I believe, and he only has 3 months left of the mission.  I will probably kill him.. muwhahaha (;  I am excited and look forward to making another life long friend!  Let's hope this new comp. is a STUD(ebaker) right?  OH man... I crack myself up!  Salto is about a 4 hour drive from where I'm at, and it is closer to Brasil.  The closer I get to Brasil the hotter it gets.  One member told me that I would get a feel of what hell feels like.  Comforting right?  I don't know if the people there speak any portuñal  (Portuguese and Spanish mixed), hope not too much.  I need to learn Spanish completely first! jaja.  I don't like changes though.... it is tough to say goodbye to some people here. 

Having a little FHE with Matias (next to me) and friends.  He is getting baptized on November 8th.  He is a stud and we love him!

 
Gladys ♥

Brother Shepley

We have a new president here in the branch.  He is from a different city about 10 minutes away and he is great!  He will turn Delta around.  His first counselor is the one and only Travis Mark Devashrayee, and the 2nd counselor will be Elder Eiker, Elder D-rays new companion.  I am excited to see all that happens here with the branch.  Good things to come!  


This is us and Matias P. He brought us dinner and some yummy Guarana!  

You all make my heart happy!  Hope your week is great.  I love love love you!

p.s. please check out the mormon message "The true story of Tom Sylvester" or something like that. It's really neat!

Love, your scoob-a-licious Elder





We finished our 5K run with this beautiful sunrise!  Our time was 17:43...It was dope! 


No comments:

Post a Comment