Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

We are here on this earth to be Happy!

We had a conference down in Montevideo. It was a very long 12 hour round trip for a 3 hour meeting, but it was so worth it.  We had the wonderful opportunity to hear from President Cook and Hermana Cook who is the mission president over the other mission in Uruguay, and then we heard from President and Hermana Smith, and they are just amazing.  Hermana Smith spoke in all Spanish which has been a struggle for her.  She tripped up a few times but her message was amazing.  I just loved her example of not completely knowing Spanish but still giving it 110%.  It was awesome.  It made me realize that I can do it.  I can speak Spanish, I just need her confidence.  We then heard from Elder and Hermana Cabrera who are the area seventy here.

Long lost buddies found at the conference....Elder D-Ray!
  
It was our pleasure to then hear from Elder Craig C. Christensen from the presidency of the Seventy, and his sweet wife.  What a blessing it was to hear from them.  Sister Christensen talked about light.  She expressed how important it is that we show our light and allow our light to spread.  She then talked about the Atonement and how we truly can't have joy without the Atonement.  After her sweet message, we heard from Elder Christensen, he is a tall guy!  He said something that I absolutely loved....missionary work has to do with the ATTITUDE.  I am a very firm believer in that because I truly believe the attitude we have can truly change the situation... any situation.  We learned from conference that each and every one of us are examples... we are either examples for the good or for the bad, it is our choice which one we choose. We can either have a positive attitude and choose to be an example for the good, or the contrary.  He also mentioned something else that I felt was very profound, we must lose our self in the work in order to find our self.  I loved that.  It is a bit ironic but so true in any aspect of life.  One more thing that he talked about that I really enjoyed was this, he said, "A child is someone who doesn't know a thing but they know that they don't a thing.  A teenager is someone who thinks they know it all but they know nothing; and an adult is someone who doesn't know much but they know where to find the answers."  We need to be adults in the mission.  I really liked that even if I am just a teenager still. Ü  We also have some changes in the mission as of this past week.... we now wake up at 7 and go to bed at 11.  Also, we can't play soccer in the mission anymore!  Crazy huh?

With Sister Jenkins from St. George

Onto the real situation though.. How are you guys all doing?  I feel so helpless here.  After reading mom's email... I couldn't help but just let the tears stream. Oh grammy, what a sweetheart.  Bless her little heart.  I hope you know that I love you all so much.  I hope that you can feel my love this week, but more importantly the love of a loving Heavenly Father who truly knows us individually.  Also the love of our older brother, Jesus Christ.  He knows how each one of us really feel because he has felt it all before.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel.... the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  My heart is with you guys this week.  I am just sitting here thinking of what I could say... the truth is I don't know what to say.  I have so many thoughts running through my mind that I honestly don't know what I could share with you guys.  I only would like to bear my testimony that I know no matter what happens, everything will be okay.  I know without a doubt in my mind that we have a Heavenly Father who has a plan for us.... his plan is perfect.  Through this plan, we can feel happiness and sadness.  At times we feel sad but there is a reason that this plan is called the Plan of Happiness.  We are here on this earth to be happy... to become like our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am just grateful for my wonderful and loving grandparents, for all four of them.  They have done so much for me and been such an example to me.  My heart just aches because I just know how you all must feel.  I love you all so much and hope that you give our grandparents my love.  Give Grandpa and Grandma Abel my love when you see them next, and give my cute Grandpa and Grandma Taylor my love.  I love you all and I miss you like crazy.

Keep smiling and have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Taylor Bradley Abel


No comments:

Post a Comment