Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Sunday, March 15, 2015

How are you all doing?!  I got the package.... and it could not have come at a better time! This week has been a rough one to be completely honest.  It started off really difficult, but got a little better as time went by which was good.  I don´t know if it was my patience growing or if things actually got better.  I know that I am with Elder Vargas for a reason.  I actually had a pretty neat experience the other day with him.  On Saturday we sat at lunch for more than 2 hours.  Elder Vargas was watching the TV (#trunkymissionary) and Irene was just talking and talking.  I was so frustrated.  After this long lunch we headed to pick up our clothes from the bishops house around 3ish.  I didn't say a word.  I put my shirts on the hangers and washed a couple pairs of garments and then went straight to my knees.  I was just praying for help, for patience and for calmness.  I was just about to rage but I kept my cool.  I felt pretty normal with my prayer and began my language study with reading in Jacob 5.  After my study, Elder Vargas asked me a question and all the frustration had vanished.  I was no longer mad or upset.  I know and can truly say that the Book of Mormon can calm us if we let it.  It truly brings such comfort to me as I felt so alone this week.  I know that our Heavenly Father answers us and helps us according to our needs and wants.  I love the Book of Mormon and I am so grateful for it in my life.  I would like to extend a challenge to all of you to please read Jacob 5 and then D&C 101.  I know that Jacob 5 is enormous but it is worth it.  I have been studying it and have found a lot of new things this time through.  I have taken notes today but I would like to give you guys the opportunity to read it this week and then I will share my thoughts.. deal?  Also with D&C 101... it ties in with Jacob 5 because it is all about the vineyard.  So what do ya say.. can all of you do it and email me your thoughts?!



Our investigators..... not too much is new.  Irene is getting married this week and her baptism in next Saturday so that should be sweet and give us some encouragement as a companionship!  Sebastion accepted to be baptized on the 28th of March too.  It should be a great month.  We are really excited!  Elder Vargas is really a great guy...just a little trunky and is already a little dead. (dead meaning that he's almost done with the mission!) Ü Hopefully we can finish his mission strong... however I can only do so much!

This week, amongst all the problems and my feelings of being alone in a Spanish world... the package arrived!  I got it around 1ish in the afternoon on Tuesday at the stake center.  It actually wasn't too long of a wait this time!  We headed home and this is where my picture comes in.... headed up to the house with my amazing package.  However I didn't open it until that night.  I don´t like to open my packages until the night so I can truly enjoy them and man oh man did I love this package!  It was filled with lots of love and lots of yummy treats.... some sweet ties and some awesome music!  I have been listening to the music every chance I get.  I love the Saturdays Warrior.... it brings a smile to my face every time.  Also, I love the Lynsdi Houskeeper.  I listened to her all day yesterday.  Her voice makes me feel more at home and it brings such a sweet spirit! 

I love you guys so much!  You truly are the greatest and you make my heart oh so happy!  I hope that you all have the best week and find many blessings in your lives!  May you all enjoy a nice spring break!  I love you!



Love, a happy, ready to work hard - Elder Taylor Abel


No comments:

Post a Comment