Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The End of Seven Months in Salto

I hope you know how much I truly love you. I love every email I receive, and I am so grateful for you in my life! 

I will be leaving Salto. It has been a good run here for just about 7 months. Three more days would be 7 months. I am sad to be leaving all the wonderful people here. I have truly made many friends and it has been hard to say goodbye...but the way I look at it, it is only more of a "See you later." I am super grateful for the time I have had here. I know I was supposed to be here for all of this time.  I know that the Lord is very aware of my needs and I am very grateful for each change that I have had here.  I am also grateful for each of my companions. There has been some ups and downs.... more ups than downs obviously.... but I am grateful for my companions because I know without each of them I wouldn't be the missionary that I am today.  I am grateful for the love that I have found in the work here. 

When I was with Elder Vargas I saw some real changes in Marcia and Irene.  I thought that was the reason I was here for so long, was to really build a testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives. I can now say with a surety in my heart, that the Church really does cause a change in the hearts of people. However, I don´t think that was the only reason that I served here for so long. I really believe that is was to find Emili and Macarena, and to be a part of their lives. They have changed my life and the way I look at the work. I have learned so much here. I have learned how to be humble, how to speak the language, how to teach with the Spirit and how to be a missionary. 

However, this isn't the end of the journey...only a new beginning!  I will be headed to Montevideo which is my first original zone!  I will be serving in a different part, but I will be able to talk to the missionaries that are in Delta and check up on Gladys.  I am super excited.  I will be working in Cerro 8.  To be honest, it isn't the safest area, but I know that without a doubt my comp and I will be protected.  President Smith actually works a lot in the ward because he served there 38 years ago. Words can't explain how excited I am for this change.  I am excited to head out on a new adventure and with a stud missionary companion, Elder Huntsman. There is one slight change that I just figured out this morning from the ZL's here.... I will be District Leader.  I am nervous and not sure what to think.

I sure do love you all.  I hope you all have a very happy week!  Keep smiling!

Love, A happy and excited Elder Taylor Abel




Me and my new companion....Elder Huntsman! 



Irene and her cute family



Marcia and her cute little one

No comments:

Post a Comment