Hoy es dia!

Hoy es dia!
Updates while serving in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission taylor.abel@myldsmail.net
Current Mailing Address:
Elder Taylor Abel
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Enrique Martinez 1167
11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay

Monday, April 11, 2016

I Feel My Savior's Love

Bom Dia! 

This past week was great! I have good news and bad news.. the good news is that I am completely stoked for that little brother that got his mission call. I know that his call to serve in the Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission is inspired. I know also that he will be the best missionary out of all of the Abel boys.. that is just what happens when you are the youngest, you learn all the goods. Hence his good looks, his charm, his smile and his testimony. You have big shoes to feel putting on the Elder Abel nametag on in Portuguese .. who am I kidding, you have bigger shoes than dad Ü   No but seriously, you will be great. I love you Sky, couldn’t be happier for you. You better be ready to speak a little Portuguese with me on Skype.. I am gonna be practicing. I already have a lot to say! It is very similar to the good ole Spanish.

Now onto the bad news.. Our investigator Mathyas will not be baptized this Saturday. We headed into Saturday ready to teach him the remaining doctrines and principles and we started the charla by asking him if he is ready to be baptized on the 16 and he said, "We actually have to talk about that. I talked to my mom and she said that I can’t be baptized." I was honestly shocked. He has been coming the church and has had a change of heart and now he is stuck waiting for his mom to either say yes or wait until he turns 18 in a year and 3 months! let the countdown begin Ü   We decided that we should probably teach a little bit about staying positive and how we can find strength through Christ. It went good, he is a strong kid and has a real desire. I know that he will do great things here as a member or not.

As for the zone, things have been pretty normal this week.  It has been a great change. I have never laughed so hard with a companion.. love him. So yeah, next Tuesday I will be writing due to changes. I can’t believe that changes are already here.. like what!?

#trunkytime.  We are about to drop under 50 days.. and I was thinking, we should probably focus on the Skype call first. I mean we do still have another Skype call before I come home.  Ü I am so excited, I have a song in mind.. maybe two. Let the countdown until Mother’s day begin? #27days "I hope that this doesn’t make you trunky".. one of the classic lines you all say, I love it. Cracks me up every time. I only am trunky on pday when there is a whole lot of time to think haha (;

Well, my cute family. I must say, I love you with all my heart! You make me the happiest missionary ever. This week, I would just like to share my testimony of this great work. I know that this is the work of our Savior and that He leads it. I know that we have to share the gospel, it is our duty as members and you may wonder "why?" It is because the house of Israel is scattered and as we preach the gospel we are gathering the house of Israel and making it easier for Christ to come. I know that we can receive spiritual strength from the Lord’s Atonement to do things that we couldn’t alone. I know that Christ lives and as we have Him on our lips all the time, we will feel His love more abundantly in our lives and that is my hope for all of you.. so share the Gospel.. talk of Christ and I know you will be blessed! I love you!

Elder Taylor Abel.. couldn’t be happier.



Lots of rain lately.. causing some flooding.




Delish lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment